Wednesday, June 20, 2012

MY HOUSES SAGA 6:

503 NINTH STREET S.E., 
Washington, D. C. (1971-1978)

I loved my first house. It was a come-down from the fabulous antebellum house I had been renting, but it was mine!
Me, Niece Laura and Dad.
You entered on the basement level where the dining room, 1/2 bath and kitchen were.

A newspaper article appeared in 1974.
The second floor contained a study and the living room.
The stained glass, by A. R. Lewis of Oakland, California, changes color as you move around it!

The living room was radically redesigned by William Earl Murphy, my long-time architect friend from New York. It appeared in a 1977 newspaper and a book on decorating:
Liza and her exploring little ones.

The third floor had two bedrooms and a bath.

It was on the Capitol Hill House Tour in 1977.

I enjoyed my little house for seven years before moving on to Massachusetts Avenue NE.

$59,000 - $110,000

No comments: