Thursday, July 19, 2012

NEW 7 WONDERS OF THE WORLD SAGA 4:

CHICHEN ITZA, MEXICO
(One of Four Wonders I've Seen.)



In 1972, I went on a ship cruise to the Yucatan in Mexico.

Included on the optional excursion list was Chichen Itza!  Well, it was not optional to me. I had to see it.

It's a large pre-Columbian archaeological site built by the Maya civilization. Its heyday was around 600AD. 





It's a glorious site:
Notice the lady bumping down. That was like me!
RATTLESNAKES!!!
A Jaguar
Sacred Jaguar Throne.
My Sterling and Turquoise Souvenir (2 inches wide).

While I was on the cruise ship TIME MAGAZINE did article on cruising. On the COVER was a picture of a cruise ship's deck. I WAS IN THAT PICTURE! Albeit I was only as big as an ant because it showed the entire deck.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Don. You got some great pictures and I enjoyed the video. Scott.

Don Voth said...

You're welcome Scott. This this will be helpful for your Chichen Itza trip.

John said...

I love visiting historical places. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I also loved the pictures.

Don Voth said...

Thanks John. I love sharing.

Sam said...

Loved your pictures Don :)

Don Voth said...

Thank you Sam. Don

Claire said...

Lovely Pictures. Must say you are a good photographer indeed.

Don Voth said...

Thank you Claire! Don