Friday, October 25, 2013

CAR CRAZY SAGA 18:

MAINTENANCE II

Well, I just couldn't let it go. I decided to search salvage yards. I found on the internet a site that polled 300+ yards for a part and it only cost $6. So, I put in a search for "the clear plastic Shield that covers the instrument panel".

I got two responses. One saying that it was unavailable as a separate piece. The other said that they had a perfect condition Instrument Cluster for a 2006 Cadillac XLR for $350. I debated for a day. Then decided to do it!! I had it sent to my home and asked Lewes Auto Mall if they would install it even though they're only a Chevy dealer. They said they would.

   ---Excellent!

I'm so pleased. It looks great! Even though nobody would notice. I DO!


4 comments:

Ron said...

Not surprised at all. I would have done the same thing. In fact, I HAVE done something similar. Paid $100 to get a ding removed that only I noticed on the right rear door of my car. Bill said I was "crazy" to pay that kind of money. But I kept looking at it. I don't know. I understand completely.

Marc said...

Hello,

I'm sorry to ask this here but I came across the pic of your jacket you posted here: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-43ypLnd2xY0/TYhgk7NVXII/AAAAAAAAAWo/G1NNrKT3NzA/s1600/IMG_0204.jpg
and I wanted to know if it was possible to see other shots of it ?
It would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Marc, I've had this jacket for many years I got it on eBay for $350. The front has a big letter "A". It's cloth with leather sleeves. If you want to buy it fem me it'd be $400. plus shipping. Pleases let me know. Don

Marc said...

But would it be possible to see other shots of it first please ?
Thanks