Saturday, November 12, 2011

TIDBITS SAGA:

REMEMBERING MOM

Mom was the most perfect of mothers.
Mom in Hawaii.
She was fun, good, exciting, clever, loving, funny, smart, kind, protective, upright, cool and interesting.

We had two awesome trips together: one to Hawaii, which I won for her; another to Mexico, which I got a $5. airplane ticket to because American Airlines was offering a promotion and Mom joined me to go to Mexico City; a third was offered by Mom to go around the world on the QEII ! But Dad got ill and we couldn't go.

There's so many things to say, I don't know where to continue. So, I'll just stop and add some pictures:

Mom at Three in Kansas City.
1946. I was six. Mom was going back to Oklahoma City High School!

Mom's portrait from the 60s.

Mom died at the age of 81 in 1988. She died of a broken heart a few months after my father died. She'll always be fondly remembered and missed.

No comments: