Thursday, March 31, 2011

NEW YORK 2011 SAGA:

SOMETHING AMAZING...                (An interjection.)

        ...has happened with my blog. On March 19, 2011, I got a hit from Korea because someone was searching on Google for Juliano Fiorenzoli! So, in curiosity I went to Google. I put in Juliano's name and my Don Voth blog came up! Except at the top, it had its ubiquitous "Did you mean:" and it said "Giuliano Fiorenzoli". So, I clicked on that and I got him: Giuliano Fiorenzoli, a professor at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn!  
There he was and lo-and-behold, I had misspelled his name—a bit older but I recognized him! Here he was in Venezia!

I went through all the My Italian Adventure Sagas and changed Juliano to Giuliano. I was particularly interested in Saga 15 because it was to be published online the next morning. I figured by putting in also his last name it would appear in Google again.

I am especially excited about this because I'm going to be in New York City on vacation and I'll try to contact him.

Wouldn't that be amazing?

4 comments:

Ron said...

Don,
This is one thing I LOVE about blogs! I've been connected with more people than I ever dreamed of just through Google searches that led them to my blog! It is mind boggling I tells ya! This is wonderful that you connected with your old professor! More to come!

Don Voth said...

Thank you Ron, it's through your prodding that I started these blogs and am I glad. It's given me hours of pleasure.

teddy said...

This is phenomenal. Let us know if you get in contact with him!

Don Voth said...

I surely will!!!!! Hopefully this August.