Tuesday, May 17, 2011

TIDBITES SAGA:

BAY LEAF RESTAURANT, MILTON, DELAWARE

This restaurant just opened, May 16, 2011. It's on Highway 16 where the Ocean Blue Restaurant used to be.

I had low expectations since all the predecessors were not-so-good places to eat. But Bay Leaf pleasantly surprised me.

First of all, they redecorated to a fare-thee-well—much needed.
The lighting is so much better.

Moe, the owner, comes from the very fancy "Michelle's" in Dover. That's promising.

Don't let the plastic menus turn you off, the food is good. Dishes ranging from Pastas to Caprese Salad to Veal Limone are served at lunch and dinner. They're also open for a hearty breakfast. Drew and I had an excellent breakfast the next morning.

Ted and I each had a Club Sandwich and VERY delicious Tiramisu for dessert!

Prices are very moderate. Hours are 7 - 11. Open 7 days a week.

  ---A nice addition to Milton's ever growing good restaurant trade.

I wish them Good Luck!

                ...Your friendly reviewer, Don Voth

2 comments:

Ron said...

I look forward to your restaurant reviews. I was wondering about this new restaurant. It is in such a good location. I was hoping a nice restaurant would arise. It sounds like it has. I will darken their doors soon.

Don Voth said...

You'll like it. Try out the Eggplant Parmigiana! Let me know about it, I'm curious.