Tuesday, May 24, 2011

NEW 7 WONDERS OF THE WORLD SAGA:

NEW 7 WONDERS OF THE WORLD

            ...was a project that  updated the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World concept with a modern list of wonders. A popularity poll was led by Canadian-Swiss Bernard Weber and organized by the Swiss-based, government-controlled New7Wonders Foundation, with winners announced on July 7, 2007 in Lisbon. It was the largest poll in history ever taken with over 100 million votes.

The 'New' list...

And they added an additional one from the 'Ancient' list...

My goal is the see all '8'.
I've seen FOUR!
How many have you seen?

Next, The FOUR.

(Parenthetical)

There's also the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)'s 911 WORLD HERITAGE SITES with 704 cultural, 180 natural, and 27 mixed properties.

Of that list, 45 are in Italy—the most of any country. I've seen fourteen: Venice, Florence, San Gimignano, Pisa, Rome, The Vatican, Santa Maria della Grazie in Milan, Ferrara, Ravenna, Amalfi Coast, Tivoli, Assisi, Verona and Siena.

In the United States there are 21. I've seen twelve of those: Yellowstone, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Independence Hall, Great Smokies, Redwoods, San Juan, Olympic Peninsula, Carlsbad Caverns,  Monticello, Taos Pueblo and the Statue of Liberty.

I've seen thirty-seven additional sites around the world.

I'm so fortunate!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don, I've only been to two...you lucky dog!

Don Voth said...

I’ve seen only seven. Therefore you’re still a lucky dog!

Don Voth said...

I’ve seen only seven. Therefore you’re still a lucky dog!