Tuesday, May 31, 2011

TIDBITES SAGA:

WINE AT MY HOUSE; 
DINNER AT BROADKILL BOATHOUSE

At 6:45 on Friday, May 26, 2011, I had a wine party for the "Friday Night Dining-Out Group." About 15 people showed up.

I had gotten lots of wine, nuts and olives; I cleaned and straightened the house; I put chairs in the newly spruced-up side yard and even made my bed.

Everyone had a lot of fun.

I had put my iPhone in the Tom Cruise cabinet playing, "Ole Time Rock & Roll" next to his "Risky Business" dance outfit, which surprised and intrigued people.

At 7:45 we all adjourned to go to the Broadkill Boathouse for dinner.
They had set up on the outside deck as it was a beautiful evening.

Everyone was pleased at how good the food was. They really have fixed the place up.

I'm certain we'll return.

6 comments:

Ron said...

I'm sorry I missed the festoso incontro. It sounds like you all had a jolly good time. I have yet to imbibe the new restaurant on the pond. I remember the last time I was there (Iguana Grill) I was very disappointed. I'm glad to hear that it has improved.

Don Voth said...

I'm sorry you missed it, too. It hasn't just improved, it's great! We must go soon.

Robert England said...

Congratulations on a successful wine party and dinner party. I'm so glad we have the Broadkill Boathouse in Milton. The location is superb and you have done a lot to give them a boost -- which I'm sure they appreciate.

Don Voth said...

Robert, they have a copy of my review blog posted in the kitchen!

Ron said...

I'm looking forward to it Don. One more week of working fulltime then I can get back to normal again.

Don Voth said...

Ron, Let's plan a BB dinner two weeks from now! That'll give you some time to decompress.