Wednesday, March 16, 2011

MOM'S THREE WISHES SAGA 3:

FIFTY-TWO ENTRIES were hand-delivered on the final day. Then I tried to forget about it.

On the day of the drawing, Ed and I were at his parents home in southern Virginia, because it was Christmas Eve. Ed's sister came running into the kitchen, jumping up and down saying, "Jack just won a trip to Hawaii!" ( Jack is Ed's brother and one of the 52 contestants.) Ed's mother also started jumping up and down.

I turned to Ed and asked, "Did you tell everyone about the contest?" The negative reply brought an immediate regrouping. I thought, "Gee, I wish we could have won first prize instead", but that was getting greedy!

I called Mom who got very excited. And since we won second prize (only a single trip), she offered to pay my way!—Merry Christmas!

Two weeks went by before a friend, Steve Dykstra, called and said, "Hey, I forgot to tell you, I won the first prize in that Hawaiian contest!"

 ---THAT MEANT THREE COULD GO!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Don Voth said...

Just you wait until the next segment!